Crop protection products have long played a significant role in agriculture. Stunningly, crop protection products help enable just 2 percent of our population to provide for the other 98 percent today. And partly because of these products, food security has moved from a constant struggle to a right and expectation in the developed world. It should be noted, however, that many people in the developing world do not know where their next meal will come from. Food security becomes only more challenging given that, according to United Nations estimates, the world population will be as high as 9 billion people by 2050. If we can adequately feed everyone and give them the opportunity to fulfill their intellectual promise, there is no predicting where humanity can go in the next century. Plant science and technology is the vehicle that can take us there.
to read the complete article select the link above